Top five wired Broadband service providers (ISP) in India
Here we will see top 5 wired Broadband or Internet service providers in India and also find their services features, service locations, etc.
This ISP is the oldest and largest wired internet service provider in India. It provides wired internet services throughout in the country except for Delhi and Mumbai. It is providing Broadband services through copper line and optical fiber line. Copper Line is known as Dataone broadband service, and Optical Fiber is known as FTTH (Fiber to the Home).
Dataone: BSNL has state of the art, world-class internet backbone, and infrastructure for broadband services. Dataone service is working on ADSL technology and is available in everywhere in our country except Delhi and Mumbai.
Features of BSNL dataone service
- High-speed internet whose bandwidth ranging from 2Mbps to 24Mbps. Subscribers may get 512 kbps after crossing FUP limit.
- Broadband plans are available in both prepaid and postpaid categories.
- You may find Limited and Unlimited usage plans.
- A wide variety of plans starting from Rs 375 per month to Rs 6300 per month.
- Special USOF plans for rural areas, Plan rental, starts from just Rs 99 per month.
FTTH: This is the fastest Broadband service of BSNL. FTTH Broadband facility is provided through an optical fiber. Optical Network Terminal (ONT) is installed at subscriber’s location. ONT is connected through fiber cable to an Optical Line Terminal (OLT) which is installed at ISPs Office.
Feature of BSNL FTTH Broadband Service
- High-speed internet with bandwidth ranging from 2Mbps to 1000Mbps. Subscribers may get 512 kbps after crossing FUP limit.
- All Plans are postpaid.
- You may find both Limited and Unlimited usage plans.
- The broad range of plans, starting from Rs 545 per month to Rs 16999 per month.
- Service is available in many cities.
This ISP is the second largest wired internet service providers in India. It also provides the broadband services using fixed line services. It provides broadband services in 94 cities of the country. You can check the details of town and locations or colonies where services are available at their official website.
Feature of Airtel Broadband service
- Internet speed ranging from 2Mbps to 40Mbps. Subscribers may get reduced bandwidth as per their plan after crossing FUP limit.
- The Plan rents and bandwidth are according to city wise. It means different cities may have different broadband plans.
- Plan rent starts from Rs 599/- per month to Rs 4799/- per month.
- All plans are Unlimited.
- Service is available in around 85 cities.
MTNL provides Broadband services in Delhi and Mumbai. It is the third largest wired internet service provider in India. It provides broadband services through copper line and optical fiber line. They have separate official websites for Delhi and Mumbai.
Features of MTNL Broadband service
- Internet bandwidth from 2Mbps to 100Mbps. The subscriber may get reduced speed as per their plan after crossing the FUP limit.
- Plans are available in both prepaid and postpaid categories.
- The tariff rents are different for Delhi and Mumbai. It means one may not find the same plan in both cities.
- Limited usage plan rents start from Rs 49 per month.
- Unlimited plans are available from Rs 275 per month to Rs 6999 per month.
Atria Convergence Tech
Commonly Known as ACT, is the fourth largest wired internet service provider in India. It is providing broadband services named as FIBERNET in Bangalore, Chennai, Vijayawada, Nellore, Eluru, Visakhapatnam, Coimbatore and Guntur. You can check the availability of the FIBERNET internet at your locations online by visiting their official website. If you check their plans, then you can find their FUP limit is the best.
Features of ACT Fibernet net services
- A subscriber can get speed ranging from 2Mbps to 125Mbps. They may get reduced bandwidth as per their plan after crossing the FUP limit.
- All plans are unlimited.
- Plan rent starts from Rs 499 per month to Maximum Rs 4999 per month.
- Minimum FUP limit is 25GB.
- FUP limit is applicable for Download data only.
It is the among the 5 top wired internet service providers in India. It offers high-speed net services in Ahmadabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Mumbai, Navsari, Pune, Surat, Thane, Vadodara and Vishakhapatnam total 12 cities.
Features of You Broadband
- High-speed internet plans from 512Kbps to 100Mbps.
- Both limited usage and Unlimited are available.
- Monthly plan rent start from Rs 560 per month and maximum rent is Rs 1732 per month.
- Tariff are different for different cities.
- FUP limit is better than big operators.
Note: All Facts have been taken from the TRAI report on Feb2016 and individual ISP’s official website.